What Can You Expect

As a resident in training I work a LOT, but one thing that remains a priority to me is the consumption of great food. As a transplant from the south, I have used my years in Pittsburgh to eat at numerous restaurants. Use this to your benefit.

Check out my review before you spend money on a subpar experience. Yes, experience...food is so much more than caloric intake but an opportunity to connect with friends, celebrate an occasion and recapture an emotion.

Come along on my blogging journey as I eat across Pittsburgh and beyond. I will give you an objective review of varied cuisines and price ranges.
Please email me if you agree/disagree on a review or share your experience or suggestions.

Thursday, August 6, 2009

Melange Bistro

Melange Bistro Bar is a restaurant I told several people about. I dined there before I started my blogging adventure and thought it was fabulous. I ate with a friend and we sampled multiple appetizers and entrees and overall were very impressed, especially with the chilled soups. The mood is that of a chilled upscale sports bar. It's very modern and industrial in design but comfortable and you can get lost in your own conversations because of the very private, high-back booth seating. They feature live music on Fridays and Saturdays that added to my experience.

That being said, I was very disappointed when I returned yesterday to find the friends I sent there displeased with their introduction to Melange bar. They were out of menu items, dining were small, and the service left a lot to be desired. Despite the food the ambiance was nice and the bartender can make a mean martini. After inquiring with waitstaff about the absence of some items, he revealed a new executive chef was on board and the menu would be changing. I hope this change keeps the feel and quality of my first experience. I hate to think my first impression was simply my desire for new within the downtown area.

I am ordering a use of discretion with Melange bistro as a dining establishment with follow up in 1 month or so after the changes are complete. I do still recommend it as a happy hour spot to meet friends for drinks, music and good environment.

Cheers,
Food Doc


Melange Bistro Bar
136 6th St
Pittsburgh, PA 15222

No comments:

Post a Comment