What Can You Expect

As a resident in training I work a LOT, but one thing that remains a priority to me is the consumption of great food. As a transplant from the south, I have used my years in Pittsburgh to eat at numerous restaurants. Use this to your benefit.

Check out my review before you spend money on a subpar experience. Yes, experience...food is so much more than caloric intake but an opportunity to connect with friends, celebrate an occasion and recapture an emotion.

Come along on my blogging journey as I eat across Pittsburgh and beyond. I will give you an objective review of varied cuisines and price ranges.
Please email me if you agree/disagree on a review or share your experience or suggestions.

Monday, October 26, 2009

Another Late Night Flop

Unfortunately, the only thing good I can say about Ritter’s Diner on Baum Blvd is that it is a 24-hour establishment. In another attempt at late night cuisine in Pittsburgh, two friends and I headed to Shadyside to satisfy our late night hunger. This is a true diner with a single waitress, a counter with bar stools and a menu that features everything from breakfast, home-style entrees and desserts. We tried the full range.

The chili cheese fries were limp, undercooked and under seasoned. The burger provided nothing more than something to fill the stomach. The s’mores pancakes were expected to be a breakfast version of a campfire classic, but fell quite short of expectation.

To top the culinary disappointment, the service was seriously lacking. As we left the establishment we encountered patrons who turned around on the steps after recalling and sharing their previous experience with us.

My only recommendation is if you choose to dine here know that it is cash only, no separate checks and disappointment is probably close at hand. The Food Doc says avoid in sober moments.

Ritter’s Diner

5221 Baum Blvd

Pgh, PA

No comments:

Post a Comment