I happened upon Plum on a Sunday evening when my first choice restaurant was closed. I had never even heard of this Shadyside/East End modern Asian restaurant. It is located at the far end of the Border’s complex at the corner of Highland and Centre. The décor was filled with clean lines, dark wood and natural light. Cherry blossom designs cover the glass that converts an open space into private dining areas. Hung from the ceiling were large modern lanterns. Even the bathroom demonstrated a perfect juxtaposition of hard and soft with rough cement mixed with smooth glass tiles.
The food was just as appealing. I started with sunomono with octopus and the hot and sour soup. The green curry carried just the right amount of heat, sweet from coconut milk and curry seasoning. The savory green beans left my palate challenged to identify the components in hopes of recreating them at home. The chow fun boast a broad noodle, stir-fried but not greasy. The meal was finished with a trio of sorbet: pomegranate, ginger, and lychee. In addition to good food the plating was phenomenal.
I will return to try the sushi bar next time.
Try Plum if you’re in the mood for any Asian style. Food Doc says fruits are part of a balanced diet.
Plum
5996 Penn Circle South
Pgh, PA
(412) 363-PLUM
plumpanasiankitchen.com
No comments:
Post a Comment