Bistro 19 got it right. They have a perfect blend of ambiance and good cuisine at reasonable prices. Bistro 19 is located in Mt. Lebanon right off Washington Blvd. I arrived on Sunday afternoon hoping to have lunch but instead found they serve brunch on Sundays. I stayed and decided to give it a try. Bistro 19 is a small intimate dining area that is cozy yet contemporary. The ceiling fans are a sleek stainless steel, the wall features a modular art instillation yet the floral arrangements are displayed within wooden logs and the ceiling cover is metallic tin tiles. The opposite wall is actually a row of windows that can open to allow the inside blend with the outside seamlessly.
The menu features sweet and savory options. My server was prompt and attentive. I asked her menu favorites and got honest answers. I ordered the Atlantic smoked salmon which was delivered with great presentation. This dish consisted of salmon, creme fraiche, capers, and lemon juice on a bed of mixed greens. After tasting this with satisfaction, I wanted to try something else. I ordered the eggs benedict. Now this was my first experience with eggs benedict, but they came highly recommended. This is a culinary tribute to traditional eggs benedict because it was served on a croissant with prosciutto. The egg was poached hard as I requested and the hollandaise was a nice addition. Then the first bite welcomes you with crisp prosciutto. The brunch menu varies from creme brulee battered french toast to almond chicken. It can all be washed down with the drink of your choice to include a bloody mary with their own special mix. The subtle music and table conversations provided a relaxing environment to enjoy a delicious meal.
The Food Doc definitely needs a follow up appointment soon to see if dinner is as good as the brunch. The price of brunch is very reasonable. Dinner entrees range from $14 to 34. So far it was worth the expense. I'll get back to you about my dinner, maybe I'll take along friends.
Bon Appetit
Food Doc
Bistro 19
711 Washington Blvd
Pittsburgh, PA 15228
Thursday, August 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment